Sometimes clean eating can become exhaustingly plain if one gets themselves used to a routine menu. This recipe is excellent for snacking or for tweaking your usual vegetarian recipes. Perhaps you need to be sneaking vegetables to your kids or you maybe searching for some Saint-Patty’s pep. Regardless this is an awesome idea for appetizers at your next potluck event.
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1/2 Package of Frozen Spinach
- 1 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Steam or lightly boil broccoli. Drain liquid and place cooked broccoli in a bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, cheese, and egg. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated into a dough. Form into individual 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place balls on foil about an inch apart. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn the balls over and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Just swish them around until they are evenly brown and green.
This is sincerely a fabulous recipe. The only challenge is to avoid eating them while you are making them. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, share it!