When I first stumbled on this recipe, I thought it would be interesting to try. I am a fan of finding the right substitutes to our favourite munchies. After months of reluctance, (likely due to not being quite sure how beans can replace flour) I gave in and played around with a few recipes and measurements to get to this sweet ass brownie.
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed.
- 2 eggs, large.
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened.
- 15 small or 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted (1/2 cup packed)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Nuts or more chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add everything. Mix until smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Use cupcake cups or parchemin paper to make it much easier to split (even on non stick pans, this can stick pretty badly). Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.