As I am looking at , hopefully, our last snowfall in Montreal, I am just trying to find enough Springtime glee to be able to muster up enough joy linked to Easter menus to proudly scream that Spring is finally here. But instead, I am cringing at the site of another snowfall. On a brighter note, guilt-free dessert! Let’s make donuts and spike our coffees with Irish cream!
I go nuts for donuts. Remove the high content of sugar, saturation of fats and/or fatty oils and add some protein, and you’ve got yourself a guilt-free dessert to eat after the gym! I hold this recipe so dear to my heart as I have modified so many ingredients from the traditional recipe while doing my best to maintain the taste’s integrity.
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Apple sauce(unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsps. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pqt. Stevia
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsps. sprinkles
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 or 1 scoop protein powder
- 1tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Corn Starch
- 2-4 tbsps Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- If you have some oat flour. Use it. If you do not, then click this oat flour link and make some!
- Mix beaten egg with melted coconut oil, and apple sauce. Make it smooth like butter baby!
- Add dry ingredients, all while mixing thoroughly.
- Add sprinkles. Go nuts.
- Add to greased up donut pan and bake for 12 minutes.
While that is baking, lets make the icing…
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Set it aside, and then in the fridge
- Cool down the donuts. Put them outside. It is still cold.
- Once cool enough, graciously dunk one surface into the icing and set aside.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles unlike a sprinkler (don’t make a mess).